Beta-carotene is a red-orange colored phytochemical found in high amounts in various fruits and vegetables (i.e. carrots and sweet potatoes). Beta-carotene is known as provitamin A. Provitamin A, like preformed vitamin A (retinol), must be converted into vitamin A before it can be used as vitamin A by the body. In addition to its role as a precursor to vitamin A, beta-carotene is a powerful antioxidant. Our natural beta-carotene is from patented Betatene®. Betatene is derived from the nutrient-rich sea algae, dunaliella salina, which delivers a concentrated mix of naturally-occurring carotenoids including beta-carotene, zeaxanthin, and lutein.
- Betatene® brand natural mixed carotenoids.
- Includes naturally-occurring beta-carotene, alpha-carotene, zeaxanthin, cryptoxanthin, and lutein.
- Provides 25,000 IU beta-carotene per serving.
- Serves as a precursor to vitamin A which is essential for normal, healthy vision, immune function, skin health, and normal cell growth.†
- Beta-carotene provides antioxidant protection helping to neutralize free radicals.†
Carotenoids alpha-carotene, zeaxanthin, cryptoxanthin, and lutein provide synergistic benefits such as antioxidant protection, as well as the support of skin and eye health.†