Product ID: 646
Product Type: Vegetarian Capsule
This product has been discontinued.
Taurine is a type of chemical called an amino sulfonic acid. It occurs naturally in the body. The best food sources are meat, fish, and eggs. Taurine works by regulating antioxidant enzymes and inhibiting generation of mitochondrial reactive oxygen species. Taurine has important functions in the heart and brain. It helps support nerve growth. It might also benefit people with by lowering blood pressure and calming the nervous system. Our L-Taurine is in the free form.
- Provides 500 mg L-Taurine per serving.
- Easy to swallow vegetarian capsule.
- Vegan friendly & Gluten free
- Taurine may help maintain healthy, normal blood pressure: According to a randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled study, “Taurine Supplementation Lowers Blood Pressure and Improves Vascular Function in Prehypertension”
- Taurine may aid performance by increasing the use of fat for fuel and reducing the contribution from glycogen, as well as improving the function of mitochondria.†
- Taurine may have cardio protective effects by decreasing oxidative stress and a few other mechanisms.†
- Taurine is renowned as a cell-protecting agent and is involved in osmoregulation, modulation of mitochondria and endoplasmic reticulum stress, cell membrane stabilization, conjugation of bile acids, calcium homeostasis, energy metabolism, neuromodulation, and anti-inflammatory and antioxidant actions.†