St. John’s Wort is widely regarded for its mood supporting benefits. Numerous scientific studies have demonstrated the effects of St. John’s Wort on mental and emotional functioning. The main active ingredient in St. John’s Wort is hypericin. Studies show hypericin helps support normal, healthy levels of serotonin in the brain. This herb has been widely used throughout the world due to its efficacy, safety, and lack of side effects. Siberian Eleutherococcus is an effective adaptogen, which has been shown to support healthy stress response and a natural “boost” in energy levels.† Ginkgo biloba has been the subject of several scientific studies. Most of these studies demonstrate the ability of ginkgo biloba to support healthy circulation to, and energy production by, brain cells.† The increased circulation to the brain helps nourish the brain with oxygen and essential nutrients, all required for normal, healthy brain function.†
- European Standardized St. John’s Wort from EuroMed, a leading manufacturer of clinically studied botanical extracts.
- Standardized to 0.3% hypericin.
- European standardized Eleutherococcus Senticosus from Indena, a world leader in the research and manufacturing of European standardized herbs.
- St. John’s Wort supports a normal, positive outlook.†
- Studies were done on mild to moderate depression. St. John’s has not been studied for major depression and therefore should not be used for such.
- Twenty out of twenty-three clinical studies (including 2,745 patients) on European standardized St. John’s Wort demonstrated positive results for depression. Five of these studies were randomized, double-blind, and placebo-controlled (totaling 626 patients), and showed significant benefits without significant side effects.†
- Eleven clinical studies have been done comparing SJW to prescription antidepressants, concluding that it is effective for mild to moderate depression.†
- Our St. John’s Wort is made to the exact same specifications as that used in the studies.
- Indena’s Eleutherococcus is identical to that used in clinical trials, and helps provides support for a healthy response to stress, which may help support a better mood and brighter “outlook”.†
- Ginkgo biloba, by supporting healthy brain circulation, provides the brain with the nutrients it needs for optimal function.†