Product ID: 849
Product Type: Tablet
|Item #||Size||Label (PDF)|
SAM-e is not considered an “essential” nutrient due to the fact that the body is able to manufacture it. Certain dietary factors (lack of important vitamins, minerals, and other cofactors), disease states, and aging may affect the body’s ability to manufacture optimal amounts of SAM-e. Numerous scientific studies demonstrate the efficacy and safety of supplemental SAM-e. SAM-e or S-adenosyl-methionine is classified as a methyl donor. Methyl donors contribute chemical groups known as methyl groups for chemical reactions involving liver detoxification (removal of toxins from the body), neurotransmitter synthesis (particularly in the brain), and the synthesis of most sulfur-containing chemicals and body structures, such as the antioxidant glutathione and the cartilage that protects our joints. The beneficial effects of SAM-e supplementation are far-reaching due to its central role in so many important metabolic processes.
- Pharmaceutical grade SAM-e sourced from Italy, the purest, most efficacious, and safest source available.
- SAM-e tosylate disulfate form. This form has been the most extensively utilized form in clinical trials of SAM-e.
- Tablet is enteric coated for maximum absorption of the active ingredient.
- The enteric coating protects the SAM-e from moisture that may occur in packaging and storage. The coating also protects the SAM-e from being degraded by stomach acid, thereby allowing it to be digested and absorbed into the bloodstream via the small intestine.
- SAM-e has been shown in numerous studies to support a positive mood through its role in the synthesis, metabolism, and function of neurotransmitters.†
- SAM-e is essential for normal, healthy liver detoxification, specifically processes involving methylation reactions which help chemically modify toxic substances into forms that can be easily excreted.†
- Studies show SAM-e helps support healthy joint structure and function by participating in the production of important structural components of healthy connective tissue, including cartilage, ligaments, and tendons. SAMe is also important for encouraging a normal, healthy inflammatory response.†
- SAM-e is required for the metabolism of homocysteine (a compound that causes damage to the cardiovascular system) into the amino acid methionine.†