Product ID: 664
Product Type: Capsule
|Item #||Size||Label (PDF)|
Tryptophan is an essential amino acid required by the body to make the neurotransmitter serotonin. The body uses tryptophan to make 5-HTP, and then this gets converted into serotonin. Oftentimes this process is not efficient and does not produce adequate serotonin. Therefore, an increased intake of 5-HTP becomes important. Numerous scientific studies show 5-HTP is of benefit in individuals with mood disorders. Our 5-HTP is from the seeds of the Griffonia simplicifolia plant. 5-HTP has many advantages over L-tryptophan: besides being safer to produce and arguably more potent, it can cross the very selective blood-brain barrier more easily than L-tryptophan. Once it passes through the blood-brain barrier it is able to help increase levels of serotonin, a neurotransmitter, whose levels are positively associated with mood.
- Provides 100mg of 5-Hydroxytryptophan.
- Sourced from European standardized Griffonia bean extract.
- Contains synergistic nutrients vitamin C and B6.
- 5-HTP is more efficient at crossing the blood-brain barrier, therefore it is a more effective way to support the synthesis of serotonin in the brain.†
- Serotonin is responsible for regulating appetite and mood, and serves as a precursor to melatonin – a hormone involved in regulating the sleep cycle.†
- Serotonin helps support a more balanced emotional state.†
- 5-HTP is a more efficient way to increase serotonin levels, as tryptophan must compete with other amino acids as part of protein in the diet for absorption. Some of the tryptophan is used to make the vitamin niacin, and may be taken up by cells other than brain cells as a source of amino acids.
- Studies show 5-HTP is safe and effective for supporting mood, healthy food intake, and a better outlook on life.†