Cardiovascular disease continues to be the leading cause of mortality in the United States. One of the major risk factors for cardiovascular disease is elevated total and LDL (“bad”) cholesterol. There are several categories of prescription drugs that are designed to help lower cholesterol; the most commonly prescribed being the Statin drugs. Statins are effective at lowering total and LDL cholesterol, but they are associated with significant side effects. Many individuals with elevated cholesterol have been able to improve their cardiovascular health through diet, exercise, and nutraceutical supplements. One of the nutraceuticals that has been shown in research studies to support normal LDL and total cholesterol levels is red yeast rice. Red yeast rice is the product of yeast (Monascus purpureus) grown on rice, and is served as a dietary staple in some Asian countries. It contains several compounds that are collectively known as monacolins which support the mechanisms that can lead to improved cardiovascular health.† It is also important to support healthy liver function when taking red yeast rice or a Statin. Therefore, Red Yeast Rice Plus is combined with CoQ10 as well as compounds N-acetyl-cysteine (NAC) and standardized milk thistle for added liver support.†
- 600mg of red yeast rice per serving.
- Carefully manufactured to avoid the presence of citrinin, a toxic by-product of the fermentation process.
- Includes 30mg CoQ10, 50mg NAC, and 25mg standardized Milk Thistle to help support healthy liver function.†
- Easy to swallow vegetarian capsule.
- Red yeast rice has been shown in numerous studies to help support cardiovascular health.†
Studies have shown that red yeast rice can significantly lower levels of total cholesterol and specifically LDL.†
- Red yeast rice supports normal triglyceride, LDL, and total cholesterol levels.†
- Cardiac (heart) cells, muscle, and cells of the liver have a significant amount of mitochondria and a very large energy requirement. CoQ10 is vital to the energy-producing processes that help maintain normal, healthy heart, muscle, and liver function.†
- NAC serves as a source of cysteine required for the liver’s synthesis of glutathione, which is a powerful antioxidant and detoxing compound found in the liver. NAC has been shown in studies to help protect the liver from the effects of drug and/or alcohol toxicity.†
- Milk thistle’s active ingredient silymarin is effective at protecting the liver from acute and chronic exposure to toxins. Milk thistle has been shown to protect hepatic cells and support overall healthy liver function and detoxification.†