Product ID: 996
Product Type: Chewable Tablet
|Item #||Size||Label (PDF)|
Chromium is a trace mineral that helps potentiate insulin function, therefore helps support carbohydrate, fat, and protein metabolism. Several studies have shown that chromium helps support glucose levels already in the normal range, in individuals with impaired glucose tolerance. The mechanisms by which chromium works are not completely understood. We know from animal and human studies that when given a chromium deficient diet, we see abnormal glucose metabolism, increased blood glucose, and impaired insulin function. Chromium in the form of chromium picolinate is chromium bound to (chelated to) picolinic acid, a compound that seems to enhance the absorption of chromium which is typically poorly absorbed. Chromium picolinate has been shown to be better absorbed and more bioavailable than chromium chloride, but slightly less than chromium polynicotinate.†
- Chromium bound to (chelated to) picolinic acid.
- Clinical studies on safety and efficacy.
- 200mcg per capsule.
- Studies show chromium picolinate is better absorbed than chromium chloride (non-chelated).†
- Research studies show chromium picolinate helps support blood glucose and cholesterol levels already in the normal range.†
- Beneficial to individuals who consume mostly refined foods and or have impaired glucose tolerance.†
- Some studies, however, not strong, show chromium picolinate may help support lean body mass and reduce body fat.†