Product ID: 212
Product Type: Vegetarian Capsule
|Item #||Size||Label (PDF)|
Vitamin K is found in two primary forms: Vitamin K1 (phylloquinone) and Vitamin K2
(menaquinone). There are a few different menquinones, such as menaquinone 4 and menaquinone 7. The main difference between these forms is that K2 as menaquinone 7 is absorbed at a much higher rate than K1 and remains in the body 36 times longer (allowing it to move beyond the liver into other tissues); whereas K1 is primarily utilized by the liver to make blood clotting factors. In addition to other roles, Vitamin K2 (menaquinone-7) is essential for healthy, strong bones and for supporting arterial health.†
- Menaquinone-7 is the most efficacious form of Vitamin K for bone and cardio health.
- The 45mcg dosage is the recommendation of leading vitamin K2 researchers. This dosage was also the highest consumption level of the patients in the landmark Rotterdam study: 50% reduction in deaths from cardiovascular disease.†
- Menaquinone-7 is made from an all-natural food source (fermented soy).
- Vegetarian product (including the capsule).
- Vitamin K2 helps activate (turn-on) osteocalcin.†
- Osteocalcin helps to build new bone matrix by aiding the binding of calcium.†
- Vitamin K2 is important in the maintenance of bone mineral content and bone strength.†
- Vitamin K2 helps activate (turn-on) MGP, which is responsible for regulating the amount of calcium that accumulates in arterial walls.†
- Vitamin K2 supports the integrity of arterial walls through the regulation of calcium in the body.†
- Vitamin K2 helps support the health and elasticity of arterial walls.†