Product ID: 550
Product Type: Soft Gel
|Item #||Size||Label (PDF)|
Evening primrose oil (EPO) is a good source of the omega-6 fatty acid GLA (gamma-linolenic acid). Despite having a lower percentage of GLA than borage oil, EPO has been shown to increase levels of prostaglandins (PGE1) that have a positive effect on skin and immune health, as well as support for a normal, healthy inflammatory response.† GLA has also been shown to provide benefits for female-related health issues. Our Evening Primrose Oil is derived from pure, cold, expeller pressed, hexane-free oil. The cold, expeller pressing produces little to no heat, which in turn helps maintain the integrity of the naturally-occurring fatty acids. Unlike many evening primrose oil products on the market, ours is extracted without the use of hexane; which is a potentially toxic substance. The manufacturing techniques used result in the highest quality, purest evening primrose oil available.
- Also available in a 1300mg evening primrose oil soft gel.
- Provides 45 mg GLA per soft gel.
- Derived from cold, expeller (mechanical) pressed evening primrose oil.
- Sourced from Bioriginal of Canada, a leading manufacturer of nutritional oils.
- Hexane free extraction.
- Provides a good source of the important omega-6 fat GLA, which has been the subject of numerous published research studies.
- Studies show GLA helps support healthy skin by helping to maintain the skin’s moisture barrier.†
- GLA is a precursor to DGLA which is used to manufacture prostaglandins that help support a normal, healthy inflammatory response.†
- GLA despite also being a precursor to arachidonic acid (which often leads to inflammation), has actually been shown to reduce the production of pro-inflammatory compounds.†
- GLA has also been shown to provide support for female hormone-related health issues.†