Product ID: 568
Product Type: Vegetarian Softgel
|Item #||Size||Label (PDF)|
DHA is one of the omega-3 fatty acids that the body requires for a variety of important biological functions. DHA is found in very high concentrations in the brain and retina, and is therefore essential for normal, healthy brain structure/function and healthy vision. A recent study was the first to clinically demonstrate that DHA significantly improves episodic memory and learning functions in healthy adults with age-related cognitive decline. This study, only 24 weeks long demonstrates the fact that DHA is well tolerated and could have a positive effect on gradual memory loss, a significant health concern among the elderly. DHA is also a key component of the cardiovascular system being required for healthy heart function, normal, healthy triglyceride levels and overall cardiovascular health.†
- Each softgel contains 100 mg of Neuromins™ the worlds most studied form of DHA.
- Neuromins™ is a highly purified form of DHA from microalgae.
- Not from fish oil (which contains EPA), which may not be suitable for some individuals and children.
- Grown in closed conditions with strict quality control, which prevents contamination often found in fish sources.
- Neuromins™ is the only from of DHA to achieve GRAS status.
- Neuromins™ is the only DHA, allowed by the FDA to be used in infant formula to help ensure adequate intake and support optimal brain, cognitive and visual development.
- DHA is the most abundant essential fatty acid in the brain and retina of the eye, representing about 97% of all omega-3 fats found in the brain and about 93% of all omega-3 fats found in the retina.
- Studies show promising results for DHA use in all stages of life.
- Studies have shown DHA is extremely important during pregnancy for the mother as well as the developing brain of the fetus.†
- DHA is also passed through breast milk as an important nutrient for newborn brain development. Studies in babies and children show higher DHA levels help better support learning and cognitive function.†
- Similar results seen in adolescents, where DHA supports better cognitive function and may be helpful for skills required for higher learning.†
- Studies also show DHA supports memory and cognition in adults, particularly during the aging process.
- DHA is a critical nutrient for health cardiovascular function and support of normal, healthy triglyceride levels.†