Iron is a very important nutrient, yet studies show that iron deficiency continues to be one of the most common nutrient deficiencies worldwide. Iron is essential for the synthesis of healthy red blood cells.† It is also involved in energy production and immune function.† The problem with many iron supplements on the market is that they often cause stomach upset, constipation and sometimes nausea. We use the patented Ferrochel® form of iron. This form of iron is gentle on the stomach, and has been shown to be better absorbed than other forms of iron. Ferrochel® has been shown in studies to increase and maintain blood levels of iron.† Vitamin B-12 and folic acid are included for additional support in building healthy red blood cells.†
- Patented Ferrochel® iron bisglycinate features iron chelated to the amino acid glycine.
- Manufactured by Albion Laboratories, a world leader in chelated minerals.
- 25 mg of elemental iron per capsule.
- Enhanced absorption of iron without gastrointestinal side effects, such as constipation and nausea, which are typical of non-chelated iron supplements.†
- Iron bisglycinate is shown in studies to be effective at increasing blood levels of iron.†
- Iron is an essential trace mineral that is critical for energy production as part of the mitochondrial electron transport chain; part of the cell where ATP (energy) is synthesized.†
- Iron is an important component of the antioxidant enzyme catalase, which helps neutralize peroxide radicals.†
- Iron is essential for the synthesis of hemoglobin, the oxygen-carrying component of red blood cells. Iron helps ensure oxygen delivery to all cells.
- Iron is also needed for amino acid metabolism, collagen synthesis, and carnitine synthesis.†