Women have specific needs when it comes to protecting the health of their bodies; particularly when it relates to maintaining healthy genitourinary organs. The health and integrity of the vagina, urethra, and bowel are all heavily dependent on the microflora which inhabits them. Lactobacilli bacteria, for example, are most abundant in the vagina and they provide a defense against the overgrowth of bad bacteria that can arise from the use of antibiotics, stress, excess sugar in the diet and other lifestyle factors. Therefore, ensuring a positive balance of these beneficial bacteria is of the utmost importance. Our Women’s Probiotic Formula is a combination of proprietary Lactobacilli and Bifidobacterium blends that provide 50 Billion live cultures per capsule. Together these species of probiotic bacteria have been shown to support a healthy bacterial balance in the vagina and urethra.†
- Strains used in the proprietary blends are exclusively from Danisco, a world leader in probiotic research and manufacturing.
- Very high potency at 50 billion viable cells per vegetarian capsule.
- Bio-Enhanced Acid Resistant Strains (BEARS) ensures survivability in both low (acid) and high (alkaline) pH environments.
- The BEARS strains in this formula are designed to withstand the acid conditions present in the stomach during digestion without the need for enteric coating.
- Danisco selects strains that have been cultivated under harsh conditions, and have developed the ability to adapt to extreme changes in environment (“survival of the fittest”) i.e. pH, temperature.
- The prebiotic blend consists of FructoOligoSaccharides (FOS) and FiberAid® arabinogalactans, a patented prebiotic from Lonza®. Together they support the growth of probiotics to sustain a healthy balance of microflora.
- The proprietary Lactobacilli blend supports a healthy vaginal ecosystem through the production of antimicrobial substances.†
- High potency formula helps to quickly replenish healthy levels of probiotics in the vaginal and urinary tracts.†
- A normal healthy intestinal microflora, once established, helps to create an environment that is unfavorable for the growth of pathogenic bacteria.†
- Helps promote the growth of probiotics which have been diminished by the used of antibiotics.†