Papaya is a natural plant source that contains a combination of proteolytic enzymes that have been shown to support a healthy inflammatory response.† It is believed to work by supporting a healthy balance of pro-inflammatory and anti-inflammatory prostaglandins.† Papaya provides Papain, a proteolytic enzyme that helps digest protein in foods. This formula contains alpha-amylase which is a group of starch-digesting enzymes.
- Papain enzyme from Papaya (Caria Papaya melon) 15mg
- Alpha-amylase enzyme 2mg
- Protease enzyme 2mg
- Vegetarian and does not contain salt, yeast, wheat, gluten, or soy
- Papain is used for pain and swelling (inflammation) as well as fluid retention following trauma and surgery.
- Has a mild soothing effect on the stomach, which may help treat ulcers.†
- It is used to treat shingles (herpes zoster) symptoms, ongoing diarrhea, hay fever, runny nose, and a skin condition called psoriasis.†
- Other conditions papain has been considered for include arthritis, food allergies, and some autoimmune diseases.