Product ID: 881
Product Type: Capsule
|Item #||Size||Label (PDF)|
A positive mood is supported by normal, healthy levels of specific neurotransmitters in the brain. Several nutrients are involved in the production of these neurotransmitters. We created our Mood Support formula to help address the “deficiencies” that might contribute to difficulty in stabilizing a person’s mood. There are several herbs and other nutraceuticals that may help support a “healthy” mood. St. John’s Wort is widely regarded for its mood supporting benefits.† Siberian Eleutherococcus is an effective adaptogen, which has been shown to support healthy stress response and a natural “boost” in energy levels.† Numerous scientific studies show 5- HTP is of benefit in individuals with mood disorders.† 5-HTP has many advantages over L-tryptophan. Besides being safer to produce and arguably more potent, it can cross the very selective blood-brain barrier more easily than L-tryptophan. Once it passes through the blood-brain barrier it is able to help increase levels of serotonin; a neurotransmitter, whose levels are positively associated with mood.†
- EuroMed European Standardized St. John’s Wort.
- Standardized to 0.3% hypericin.
- Griffonia bean extract standardized to 98% L-5-HTP.
- L-tyrosine for neurotransmitter synthesis.
- Inositol serves as an important messenger molecule in the brain.
- St. John’s Wort supports a normal positive outlook.†
- Studies have shown a benefit in mild to moderate mood disorders.† St. John’s has not been studied for major depression and therefore should not be used for such.
- Twenty out of twenty-three clinical studies (including 2,745 patients) on European standardized St. John’s Wort demonstrated positive results for depression. Five of these studies were randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled (totaling 626 patients), and showed significant benefits without significant side effects.
- Eleven clinical studies have been done comparing St. John’s Wort to prescription antidepressants, concluding that it is effective for mild to moderate mood disorders.†
- Our St. John’s Wort is made to the exact same specifications as that used in the studies.
- Siberian Eleuthero is an adaptogen which helps provides support for a healthy response to stress, which in turn may help support a better mood and brighter “outlook”.†
- L-tyrosine is an amino acid that is used to manufacture neurotransmitters dopamine and norepinephrine both required for normal, brain, and nervous system function.†