Introducing our new Elderberry Zinc Lozenge!
Our new Elderberry Zinc Lozenge was developed to help support the body’s natural defenses and overall wellbeing. This formula also contains Vitamin C, Echinacea, and other herbs that are important in the support of antioxidant defense, healthy immune function, and in soothing the uncomfortable symptoms commonly caused by colds, viruses, and allergies.†
ELDERBERRY & ZINC – IMMUNITY POWERHOUSES
Elderberry contains several active compounds that help support healthy immune function and that have been researched for their benefit of defense against viruses. Zinc is also a critical nutrient for the support of a healthy immune system and the optimal development of immune cells, particularly T-lymphocytes, which depend upon normal zinc levels within the body.†
- One recent study showed that compounds from elderberries can directly inhibit the virus’s entry and replication in human cells, and can help strengthen a person’s immune response to the virus.
- Phytochemicals from elderberries have been shown to be effective at stopping a virus from infecting cells, and even more effective at inhibiting their spread at later stages of the cycle when the cells have already been infected.
- Zinc supports normal, healthy immune function and provides antioxidant support which is essential to immune function.†
- Studies show zinc enhances immune support and may reduce the severity and duration of seasonal disorders.†
- Studies also show that preventive use of zinc lozenges may reduce the number of colds per year, as well as reduce antibiotic usage.†
- In regard to immune response, zinc deficiency has been shown to reduce the physical size of the thymus gland which is crucial to the maturation of T-lymphocytes.
HERBAL BLEND: IMMUNITY – With Echinacea, Astragalus & Amla
One of the best ways to boost or maintain a healthy immune response is through the use of natural herbs. Certain herbs can help the immune system in defending against viruses and infections, act as natural remedies to colds and flus or provide anti-inflammatory support. Our herbal blend for immunity contains the relatively well-known Echinacea, but also some lesser known herbs for a powerful combination:
- Echinacea may help “activate” the immune system and stimulate certain immune cells that are critical to maintaining overall health.†
- Astragalus is used to help protect and support the immune system, preventing colds and upper respiratory infections.† Astragalus also has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Amla (Indian gooseberry) is an ancient apoptogenic herb that has been used in Ayurvedic Medicine for thousands of years. It has eight times more vitamin C than an orange, and is considered to be an immunostimulant, enhancing overall immunity and supporting the non-specific immune response.†
HERBAL BLEND: SOOTHING – With Licorice, Aloe Vera & Slippery Elm Bark Powder
There are certain plants and herbs that are beneficial for their demulcent abilities. A demulcent is an agent that forms a soothing film over a mucous membrane, relieving minor pain and inflammation of the membrane. Demulcents contain a special polysaccharide molecular complex called mucilage, which is a slippery or gummy substance that provides a direct action on the areas they touch, such as the lining of the throat, which helps soothe and reduce irritation. Our herbal blend for soothing contains herbs and plants which are known to contain far greater concentrations of mucilage than is typically found in most plants, to help promote soothing and healing†:
- Aloe can help to soothe coughs and bronchial asthma, while its antiseptic properties can help in healing colds and sore throats. It is densely packed with antiviral and anti-bacterial properties that can help prevent infections and their resulting aggravation.†
- Licorice root is primarily known as a demulcent (that is a soothing substance taken internally to protect damaged or inflamed tissue) and an expectorant (a substance that assists in expelling mucus from lungs and throat). Licorice root is commonly used in alternative medicine to treat colds and sore throats.†
- Slippery elm is a mucilaginous herb that provides soothing support for the mucus lining of the throat and esophagus, both of which may become irritated during a cold/infection.†
EACH ELDERBERRY ZINC LOZENGE PROVIDES:
- 75mg Elderberry Extract
- 15mg Zinc (from zinc gluconate)
- 90mg Vitamin C (from sodium ascorbate and ascorbic acid)
- 25mg Citrus Bioflavonoid Powder
- Natural Berry Flavor
- Gluten Free, Non GMO, Vegan
Contains No: dairy, yeast, wheat, gluten, peanuts, soy, tree nuts, preservatives, artificial colors or flavors.
This is a great product for your customers, especially as we head back into prime cold/flu season, back to school, back to work, and continue to fight the good COVID fight. Our new Elderberry Zinc lozenge is coming at just the right time to offer the combined benefits of immune support along with soothing comfort for the common irritations caused by these conditions.
View Product Details
Talk to your sales rep or Contact Us today to get these latest products!
†These statements have not been evaluated by The Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.