Product ID: 312
Product Type: Tablet
|Item #||Size||Label (PDF)|
Niacin, or vitamin B3, is a member of the B-complex family of vitamins. Niacin functions in the body as one of two related compounds; nicotinic acid or niacinamide. Like all water-soluble vitamins (B-vitamins & vitamin C), niacin is not stored in the body to any significant extent and must be supplied in the diet on a daily basis. The body is capable of making small amounts of niacin from the amino acid tryptophan derived from foods that contain protein. Within the body, niacin plays a role as the coenzymes NAD and NADP. NAD-dependent reactions are involved in the production of energy from nutrients (carbohydrates, fats, and proteins) and NADPH-dependent enzymes play more of a role in the synthesis of biomolecules such as fatty acids and amino acids. Niacin is taken up by the liver and converted to these two coenzymes. Whatever is not used is excreted by the kidneys via the urine.
- 100mg niacin as nicotinic acid
- USP grade niacin
- Niacin helps support healthy cholesterol levels and cardiovascular function.†
- Helps support the body’s production of energy.†
- Provides the necessary components for the synthesis of non-essential amino acids and fatty acids.
- Supports normal, healthy neurological function.†