Selenium is an essential trace mineral that is required for many important biochemical functions in the body. In humans, selenium functions as a coenzyme for the antioxidant enzyme glutathione peroxidase. Glutathione peroxidase helps neutralize harmful peroxide free radicals. Selenium also plays an important role in the production of thyroid hormones. Selenium is a coenzyme for the enzymes which are responsible for the synthesis of thyroid hormones. These enzymes are important for the regulation of basal metabolic rate (resting metabolic rate-rate at which you burn calories). Studies show Selen Excell® helps support the body’s antioxidant defenses and contributes to the growth of normal, healthy cells.†
- Provides 200mcg of selenium.
- Natural form of selenium in 100% organically bound form. Yeast converts inorganic (low bioavailability) forms of selenium into organic (high bioavailability) forms.
- SelenoExcell® provides a full composition of seleno compounds including selenomethionine and selenocysteine.
- FDA has approved health claims for selenium that indicate it may be helpful in preventing certain cancers.
- SelenoExcell® has been selected as the sole intervention agent in a series of cancer prevention (colon, lung, and prostate) and health-related studies.
- Based on a Clinical Trial Agreement with The National Cancer Institute, leading research teams have selected SelenoExcell® based on its certification as 100% organically bound selenium and strictly controlled quality and production parameters.
- Provides a well-absorbed, highly bioavailable form of this important trace mineral.
- Studies show selenium works synergistically with vitamin E to provide antioxidant support helping protect healthy cells, particularly red blood cells from free radical damage.†
- The broad composition of seleno compounds increases the absorption and bioavailability.
- Selenium helps support the functioning of the powerful antioxidant enzyme glutathione peroxidase (GPX). GPX helps neutralize damaging peroxide radicals, which can potentially cause damage to healthy cells and their DNA.†
- Studies show a high intake of selenium helps support a healthy prostate by promoting normal, healthy prostate cell growth.†
- Adequate intake of selenium helps support normal, healthy thyroid function and a healthy metabolism.†
- Some scientific evidence suggests that consumption of selenium may reduce the risk of certain forms of cancer.†