Product ID: 630
Product Type: Vegetarian Capsule
|Item #||Size||Label (PDF)|
Saccharomyces boulardii, commonly referred to as S. boulardii, is a tropical species of yeast that was isolated from the lychee and mangosteen fruit in 1923 by French scientist Henri Boulard. Boulard first isolated the yeast after he observed natives of Southeast Asia chewing on the skin of lychee and mangosteen in an attempt to control the symptoms of cholera. In healthy patients, S. boulardii has been shown to be nonpathogenic and nonsystemic, meaning it remains in the gastrointestinal tract rather than spreading elsewhere in the body. S. boulardii is a strain of S. cerevisiae (baker’s yeast) and is sometimes used as a probiotic with the purpose of introducing beneficial microbes into the large intestines, the small intestines, and supports protection against pathogens. Today, supplemental Saccharomyces Boulardiiis commonly used in acute gastrointestinal conditions helping to support intestinal health, travelers’diarrhea, and antibiotic-associated diarrhea (AAD) in adults and children.†
- 8 probiotic strains from Danisco, a world leader in probiotic research and manufacturing.
- S. boulardii strain is Non-GMO Project Verified by Gnosis USA Inc., this supplement is under review for product Non-GMO verification.
- High potency at 5 billion viable cells per capsule guaranteed to expiration date.
- Contains200mg ofthe prebiotic fiber,Fructooligosaccharide(FOS)
- Free of major food allergens; milk, egg, fish, shellfish, wheat, gluten, peanuts, soy, tree nuts.
- The 8 strains used in this formula have been studied for their ability to support gastrointestinal and immune health.†
- High potency formula helps to quickly reestablish healthy levels of probiotics in the GI tract.†
- Once established, a normal, healthy intestinal microflora helps to create an environment that is unfavorable for the growth of pathogenic bacteria.†
- Helps to stimulate the recolonization of probiotics which may have been diminished by the use of antibiotics.†