L-Tyrosine is one of the amino acids, which are the building blocks of protein. It is part of the chemical reactions in your body that create the neurotransmitter dopamine and other hormones. The body makes tyrosine from another amino acid called phenylalanine. Tyrosine can also be found in dairy products, meats, fish, eggs, nuts, beans, oats, and wheat. Tyrosine is essential for several important biochemical/ physiological functions related to thyroid, brain, and skin health. Our L-Tyrosine is in the free form and includes the synergistic benefits of vitamin B6.
- Provides 500 mg L-tyrosine per serving.
- Easy to swallow capsule.
- Includes vitamin B6 which is required for tyrosine synthesis.
- Tyrosine is required for the synthesis of the neurotransmitters dopamine, epinephrine, and norepinephrine; all of which play a significant role in normal, healthy nervous system function.†
- Tyrosine serves as a precursor to the skin, eye, and hair pigment melanin. Melanocytes convert tyrosine into melanin.†
- PKU (phenylketonuria) is a genetic disorder where phenylalanine cannot be metabolized, causing it to build up. This typically causes damage to the central nervous system. In these individuals, tyrosine becomes a conditionally-essential amino acid that needs to be consumed in the diet.†
- The body uses tyrosine to make thyroxine, a thyroid hormone. Thyroid hormones are made up mostly of tyrosine with iodine molecules attached to it. Thyroid hormones help control the body’s metabolic processes.†