Product ID: 670
Product Type: Powder
|Item #||Size||Label (PDF)|
|6702||4 oz||VIEW LABEL|
*Minimum purchase quantity is 6 per SKU.
The metabolically active form of inositol (Myo-inositol) appears to be phosphatidylinositol, which has several biological functions related to cell membrane structure/function, cell signaling, and intracellular responses. Inositol can be synthesized from glucose, so it isn’t considered an essential nutrient. However, amounts that may be required for certain functions/conditions, and by certain individuals, can only be achieved via supplementation. Our inositol is in a pure crystalline powder form which can be easily mixed in water or juice.
- Pure crystalline inositol powder.
- 500mg per serving (1/4 tsp).
- Myo-inositol is active in the body as phosphatidylinositol (PI). This compound, like other phospholipids i.e. phosphatidylcholine is an important structural/functional component of cell membranes.†
- Phosphatidylinositol (PI) is essential for regulating processes involving enzymes and transport proteins within the cell membrane. i.e., transport of calcium into and out of the cell.†
- PI is involved in cell to cell communication and serves as intracellular messengers (i.e. second messenger). For example, when a hormone or neurotransmitter binds to the cell membrane, the second messenger molecule (PI) is involved in what goes on inside the cell after the initial messenger binds to the membrane.†
- Inositol is a component of various messenger molecules such as IP3 which are required for a variety of essential cellular functions.†
- Supplemental inositol has been shown to help support healthy neurological function and has been shown to promote a healthy mood, relaxation, and increased energy levels.†
†These statements have not been evaluated by The Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.