Product ID: 670
Product Type: Powder
|Item #||Size||Label (PDF)|
|6702||4 oz||VIEW LABEL|
The metabolically active form of inositol (Myo-inositol) appears to be phosphatidylinositol, which has several biological functions related to cell membrane structure/function, cell signaling, and intracellular responses. Inositol can be synthesized from glucose, so it isn’t considered an essential nutrient. However, amounts that may be required for certain functions/conditions, and by certain individuals, can only be achieved via supplementation. Our inositol is in a pure crystalline powder form which can be easily mixed in water or juice.
- Pure crystalline inositol powder.
- 500mg per serving (1/4 tsp).
- Myo-inositol is active in the body as phosphatidylinositol (PI). This compound, like other phospholipids i.e. phosphatidylcholine is an important structural/functional component of cell membranes.†
- Phosphatidylinositol (PI) is essential for regulating processes involving enzymes and transport proteins within the cell membrane. i.e., transport of calcium into and out of the cell.†
- PI is involved in cell to cell communication and serves as intracellular messengers (i.e. second messenger). For example, when a hormone or neurotransmitter binds to the cell membrane, the second messenger molecule (PI) is involved in what goes on inside the cell after the initial messenger binds to the membrane.†
- Inositol is a component of various messenger molecules such as IP3 which are required for a variety of essential cellular functions.†
- Supplemental inositol has been shown to help support healthy neurological function and has been shown to promote a healthy mood, relaxation, and increased energy levels.†