Free radicals are unstable molecules with an unpaired electron. Stable molecules have electrons in pairs in their chemical structure. When a free radical comes along, it “steals” an electron from a stable molecule to complete its chemical structure, but leaves behind another unstable molecule. Free radicals, once formed, can disrupt metabolic activity and cause damage to healthy cells. The uncontrolled production of free radicals is believed to contribute to many degenerative diseases. Antioxidants work together to help neutralize free radicals, therefore it is important to consume a variety of antioxidants. Our Super Antioxidant formula provides a synergistic combination of antioxidants that help neutralize a variety of free radicals.†
- Synergistic effects of several antioxidants in one formula.
- L-OptiZinc™, the most clinically studied form of zinc available, combined with copper for added antioxidant support.
- Coenzyme forms of Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) and vitamin B6.
- Provides NAC and glutathione; both increase body levels of glutathione.
- Selenium is a trace mineral required for antioxidant protection.
- Fat-soluble antioxidants vitamin E and beta-carotene.
- Beta carotene and vitamin E are fat-soluble antioxidants which help protect the cell membrane and LDL (bad) cholesterol from oxidation.†
- Vitamin C is a potent water-soluble antioxidant that works in areas of the body such as the cellular fluid and blood. It protects connective tissue and supports healthy collagen production and stability.†
- Alpha-lipoic acid is called the “universal” antioxidant due to its ability to function as water and fat-soluble antioxidant. It also helps support healthy liver function and detoxification.†
- Glutathione is the body’s most powerful “natural” antioxidant, as the body has the ability to manufacture glutathione. Glutathione also helps regenerate (reduce) oxidized vitamin C and along with selenium is a component of the antioxidant enzyme glutathione peroxidase.
- NAC is very effective at increasing the liver’s production of glutathione.
- L-OptiZinc™ is the only patented form of methionine-bound zinc, an essential trace mineral required for numerous vital cell functions. Zinc is an important component of the antioxidant enzyme superoxide dismutase (SOD) along with copper and manganese. This enzyme helps neutralize damaging superoxide free radicals.†