For several decades, anthocyanoside-rich standardized extracts from bilberry (often standardized at 25%) have been studied for their potential health effects on various vision, microcirculation, and vascular-related conditions.† Bilberry extract reduces capillary fragility reducing vessel overgrowth through its ability to inhibit the growth of new blood vessels.† This appears to be a unique property of bilberry compared to most other anthocyanoside-containing fruit-derived extracts. Studies show that bilberry’s anthocyanins promote human health by fortifying blood vessel walls. This helps improve blood flow to the tiny blood vessels that keep eyes healthy, as well as to larger blood vessels that help maintain optimal circulation throughout the body.† Furthermore, these phytochemicals strengthen collagen, an essential component of the structure of skin, bone, cartilage, and other connective tissues.† Red grape skin extract provides an added supply of anthocyanidins, and along with citrus bioflavonoid complex, helps support the integrity of collagen-containing structures.†
- European standardized bilberry extract from Euromed, a world leader in European standardized extracts.
- Standardized to 25% anthocyanidins.
- Red grape skin extract provides antioxidants and additional anthocyanidins.
- Citrus Bioflavonoid complex for added support.
- Bilberry has been used in studies to support healthy vision.†
- Fourteen out of fifteen clinical studies using European standardized bilberry showed positive results for various ocular conditions.†
- Several studies using European standardized bilberry have shown an improvement in eye health in individuals with elevated blood sugar levels.†
- Bilberry standardized to 25% anthocyanidins is the strength used in the majority of clinical studies.
- Citrus bioflavonoids help support the integrity of collagen which comprises the main structural material of blood vessels, cartilage, skin, and other important biological structures.†