Joint disease, mainly osteoarthritis, is a potentially debilitating condition that affects the soft tissue matrix that “cushions” our joints. To help support the structural integrity of joint cartilage, Glucosamine, Chondroitin, and MSM all offer significant benefits.† Glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate are both integral components of healthy joint tissue and are the forms that have been used in the major clinical trials. OptiMSM® provides a synergistic benefit, as it is a source of sulfur, a trace mineral that is an important structural component of joint cartilage. We use the highest quality raw materials that are identical to those used in the major clinical trials.
- Clinically effective doses of glucosamine/chondroitin sulfate and MSM.†
- Our glucosamine sulfate is fully-reacted and derived from glucosamine sulfate potassium chloride, as opposed to the sodium chloride form. This helps reduce the potential increase in sodium intake associated with this form.
- We use chondroitin sulfate from one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chondroitin sulfate.
- OptiMSM® from Bergstrom Nutrition is the only MSM that is manufactured in a dedicated facility in the USA. OptiMSM® is triple distilled and guaranteed free of impurities which may impact the efficacy of MSM. Backed by human clinical studies.
- Manganese and Vitamin C are added for their synergistic effects.†
- Available in a 3 tablet/day and 4 capsule/day dosage.
- Glucosamine sulfate helps support the production, and limit the breakdown of proteoglycans, a class of compounds that make up the cartilage matrix of joint tissue.†
- Clinical studies demonstrate the efficacy and safety of glucosamine sulfate in helping to support the cartilage matrix of joints, particularly the knee joint.†
- Chondroitin sulfate has been shown to support the structural matrix of joints as well as the production of hyaluronic acid (a major component of synovial fluid which keeps joints “lubricated” and moving freely).†
- Chondroitin sulfate may also help limit chondrocytes from producing enzymes and other compounds that stimulate the breakdown of the cartilage matrix of joint tissue.†
- OptiMSM® contains naturally occurring organic sulfur, which supports the formation of healthy tissue including bones, joints, ligaments, and tendons as well as helping to support a normal, healthy inflammatory response.†
- Manganese and vitamin C are both essential for the production of the collagen matrix that helps support the structural integrity of cartilage.†