Stress is stimuli from the environment which has specific effects on various biological processes in the body. The body’s physiological and emotional response to these stimuli will determine the outcome, or how the stress impacts our health and nutritional status. It is known that stress involves every system and organ in the body, particularly the adrenal glands, nervous system, and endocrine system. Stress, whether positive i.e. exercise, or negative i.e. death of a loved one, can have a significant impact on a person’s health and nutritional status. B-vitamins are needed for the production of hormones involved in the stress response, as well as many other biochemical and physiological processes that involve stress. Your body may become depleted of essential B vitamins and vitamin C during times of stress. It is important to replenish and or maintain optimal levels of these nutrients so the body can better “handle” stress and limit the potentially damaging physical and emotional effects stress may have on the body.
- Provides a full spectrum of B-complex vitamins.
- Provides 500mg of vitamin C.
- All vitamins are USP grade, the highest quality available.
- B-vitamins are essential for a healthy stress response. B-vitamins are needed for the normal, healthy functioning of the nervous system; the primary system involved in stress.
- The adrenal glands secrete hormones involved in the stress response, and adrenal function requires several vitamins including pantothenic acid and vitamin C to support a healthy stress response.†
- Immune function may be compromised during times of stress, so nutrients that support immune health (B12, folate, vitamin C) are essential during these times.†
- Most people feel tired when under constant stress, so B-vitamins, which are needed for energy production in the cell may help “reenergize” an individual under stress.†